Husk mig
▼ Indhold

Klimakongres, 10.-12. marts 2009

Klimakongres, 10.-12. marts 200929-08-2008 22:24
branner
AdministratorProfilbillede★★★☆☆
(758)
About the Congress

The University of Copenhagen is hosting an international scientific congress on climate change under the heading "Climate Change: Global Risks, Challenges and Decisions", 10-12 March 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The congress is organised in cooperation with nine other universities in the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU).

The main aim of the congress is to provide a synthesis of existing and emerging scientific knowledge necessary in order to make intelligent societal decisions concerning application of mitigation and adaptation strategies in response to climate change.

The congress aims to identify and synthesise the science, technology and policy advances required in order to ensure sustainability of global communities in the current and coming decades.

The findings of the congress will be supplementary to the work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The congress will provide a summary of existing scientific knowledge two years after the last IPCC report.

Output of the Congress

The congress takes place in the run-up to the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP-15) in Copenhagen in November-December 2009. All findings will be compiled in a book on climate change, and an excecutive summary with the main findings will be handed over to policy makers at the COP15.

Kongressen foregår i Bella Center, og blandt talerne finder man mange vigtige navne:

Rajendra Pachauri (formanden for IPCC)
José Manuel Barroso (formanden for Europa-Kommissionen)
John Schellnhuber (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research)
Amanda Lynch (Monash University)
William Nordhaus (Yale University)
Diana Livermann (University of Oxford)
James Hansen (NASA)
Ann Henderson-Sellers (Macquarie University)

Så vidt jeg er orienteret, er dørene åbne for alle, men dog ganske dyrt: http://climatecongress.ku.dk/registration/
Redigeret d. 29-08-2008 22:25
19-03-2009 14:31
branner
AdministratorProfilbillede★★★☆☆
(758)
Læs Universitetsavisens reportage fra klimakongressen i det seneste nummer: http://www.e-pages.dk/ku/202 (eller som pdf: http://www.e-pages.dk/ku/202/fullpdf/full.pdf).

Stormvarsel fra klimakongres
Hovedbudskabet var dystert på KU's store klimakongres i Bella Center 10.-12. marts. Klimaændringerne er uundgåelige, og politisk vilje til at reagere er afgørende hvis ikke resultatet skal være ødelæggende, lyder det fra klimaforskere fra hele verden.
Stort tema om kongressen. Læs side 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 og 17

Gad vide, om budskabet får nogen betydning for de kommende forhandlinger...
Deltag aktivt i debatten Klimakongres, 10.-12. marts 2009:

Husk mig

Lignende indhold
DebatterSvarSeneste indlæg
Klimakongres for forskere i 2009 i København215-02-2008 15:56
▲ Til toppen
Afstemning
Hvordan vil Coronakrisen påvirke klimadebatten?

Mindre opmærksomhed om klima

Ingen større påvirkning

Øget opmærksomhed om klima

Andet/Ved ikke

Tak for støtten til driften af Klimadebat.dk.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Klimadebat.dk | Kontakt | Privatlivspolitik